ONE COMPONENT, HIGH STRENGTH FIBER REINFORCED CEMENTITIOUS REPAIR MORTAR.
REPAIR EXTRA is a single component polymer modiﬁed and ﬁber reinforced repair mortar. REPAIR EXTRA is a blend of dry powders, selected aggregate and ﬁbers which when mixed with water produces a thyrotrophic mortar suit-able for vertical and overhead application.
– Repair of all types of structure concrete where high strength and extremely low shrinkage properties are required
– For the repair of vertical and overhead elements
– As a repair mortar for all structural elements in buildings, water retaining structures, industrial plants, bridges, etc.
– Shrinkage controlled polymer modiﬁed cementations repair mortar.
– Easy to apply , single component, re-quired only addition of water.
– Extremely low permeability to water, providing excel- lent production to steel reinforcements and host concrete.
– Thyrotrophic properties allowing extra high build for vertical and overhead application.
– Suitable for internal and external application.
– Water vapor permeable.
– Cost effective, hand applied no form-work is required.
|Appearance||grey powder containing micro ﬁne ﬁbers|
|Plastic density approx.||2300 kg/m³|
|Compressive strength at||> 25 N/mm² at 1 day|
|20°C BS 1881 : Part 116:||> 70 N/mm² at 28 days|
|Indirect tensile strength||3.6N/mm² at 28 days|
|Mixing ratio||3.75 liter of water for 25kg bag of repair extra|
METHOD OF USE:
– Substrate preparation:
– All damaged and weak concrete should be cut back to reach sound concrete and /or to minimum depth of at least 10mm.
– Corroded steel reinforcement should be grit blasted to remove all rust traces
– In case of singlicant loss in the steel reinforcement cross section, the steel should be replaced.
– Remove all concrete form around exposed steel reinforcement by 10mm thickness.
– The perimeters of the repair area should be saw cut to a minimum depth of 10mm.
– The prepared area should be cleaned thor-oughly by brush and /or compressed air.
– To ensure proper mixing, a mechanically powder mixer or drill ﬁtted with suitable paddle should be used
– 3.75 liter of clean water should be added to clean container. The powder is then added to slowly to the water while mixing continuously with low speed mixer/drill (400-600 rpm). mixing time should be continued for 3 minutes until uniform consistency is obtained.
Placing and ﬁnishing
– Placing & Finishing:
REPAIR EXTRA can be applied by trowel or hand. The mixed mortar should be applied using ﬁrm pressure to fully compact the mortar to ensure good adhesion with the steel reinforcement and the substrate. Finishing and leveling should be carried out initially by wooden or plastic ﬂoat. Final ﬁnishing should be carried out using steel ﬂoat.
Approximately 13 liter/25kg bag – 77 bags/m3
REPAIR EXTRA is available in 25kg bags.
REPAIR EXTRA has a shelf life of 12 months if stored at temperature between 2˚C AND 50˚C in original unopened bags. If these conditions are exceeded, POLY-WED technical department should be contacted for advice.
– Health and Safety:
REPAIR EXTRA may cause irritation to skin or eyes. In case of accidental contact with eyes. Immediately ﬂush with plenty of water for at least 10 minutes and seek medical advice if necessary.
REPAIR EXTRA is non ﬂammable
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CON- TACT PHONENO.00966 2 6204224