SOLVENT B ASED BITUMEN PR O TECTIVE SOL UTION.
A cold applied solvent based bituminous solution designed to penetrate and seal porous surfaces prior to the application of covering materials. Conforms to BS Code of Practice 144, Part 3.
POLYDAMP PRIMER seals porous substrates and encourages the adhesion of bituminous waterprooﬁng systems and sheet coverings. It may be applied successfully to a wide range of surfaces:
– Metals – mild steel, zinc, lead.
– Asbestos cement.
– Lightweight concrete screeds.
|Coverage: The application of POLYDAMP PRIMER varies according to the porosity of the surface:
Metal Surfaces: 6 – 12m2 per liter Concrete: 6 – 8m2 per liter Lightweight concrete
screeds & asbestos cement: 3.5 – 5m2 per litre
|Viscosity: @ 20°C 50-100cps
(Brookﬁeld RVT Spindle 2 Speed 50rpm)
|Speciﬁc Gravity: 0.89 +/- 0.02|
|Solids Content: 40% by weight minimum|
|Flash Point: 38°C|
|Drying Time: Normally touch dry after 30 min.
Completely dry after 1/2 hours. 1
METHOD OF USE:
Apply by brush or spray.
Surfaces should be clean, i.e. free from all oil, grease, dirt, dust and loose debris. On metal surfaces all loose rust should be removed using a wire bristled brush and where advanced signs of corrosion are evident these areas should initially be treated with a rust inhibi- tor such as red lead. Surfaces should preferably be dry although POLYDAMP PRIMER will adhere to damp but not wet surfaces. POLYDAMP PRIMER should be applied evenly across the surface in one generous coating. POLYDAMP PRIMER is resistant to rainfall within 20-30 minutes of its application. NOTE: In order to comply with BS Code of Practice
144: Part 3: Clause 4.6.1, it is essential that after priming concrete or screeded surfaces the coating is completely free of all solvent and therefore a safe drying margin of 2 hours should be allowed.
CLEANING OF TOOLS:
Tools may be cleaned with parafﬁn or white spirit.
Spillages should be wiped off surfaces before the compound has set.
POLYDAMP PRIMER is solvent based and gives off an inﬂammable vapour. The solvent may have a narcotic effect if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. The following precautions are therefore advised when using it:
– Wear protective gloves and a barrier cream on exposed skin.
– Avoid smoking, hot lights, naked ﬂames and creating sparks.
– Never take the product internally.
– Avoid contact with the skin, eyes and non-protective clothing. (Any POLYDAMP PRIMER which has dried on the skin may be removed with a proprietary hand cleanser).
– When working with the product, until it has dried, ensure that the area is well ventilated therefore avoid- ing build up of solvent vapour.
Indeﬁnite in undamaged, tightly sealed containers.
POLYDAMP PRIMER is available in 16 and 200 liter drums.
– In the event of narcosis due to inhalation of concen- trated vapour – remove person to fresh air. Call for medical attention. – Contact with eyes – thoroughly irrigate eyes with clean, cold water. Call for medical attention. – In the event of ﬁre – extinguish with either a carbon dioxide, dry chemical or foam ﬁre extinguisher, sand or earth.
We endeavour to ensure that any advice, recommen- dation or information we may give in product literature is accurate and correct. However, we have no control over the circumstances in which our product is used and it is therefore important that the end user satisfy himself by prior testing that the product is suitable for his speciﬁc application and that the actual conditions of use are suitable. Accordingly, no responsibility can be accepted, or any warranty given by ourselves, our representatives, agents or distributors, other than that the product as supplied by us will meet our written speciﬁcation. Products are sold subject to our standard conditions of sale and each purchaser and end user should at all times ensure that he has consulted our latest product instructions and safety information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CON- TACT PHONENO.00966 2 6204224