HIGH FLOW NON-SHRINK CEMENTITIOUS PRECISION GROUT.
POLYEXTRA HF is a cementitious, pre-mixed, pre-packed chloride and hydrogen free, high ﬂow, pourable grout. It contains cement, se-lected additives, well graded and non-reactive aggregates and is designed to give excellent ﬂow properties, shrinkage compensa- tion, frost resistance, and high compressive strength
POLYEXTRA HF is ideally designed for use in the follow-
– Machine beds.
– Bridge bearing pads and plinths.
– Pile cap re-proﬁling.
– Under machinery base plates, crane rails, stanchion plates etc.
– Anchoring of tie bars, bolts, and stress-ing cables.
– Non-shrink grout that has dual expansion properties to compensate for shrinkage in both the plastic and hardened stage.
– Extremely dense and low permeability.
– High early strength development allow-ing for rapid installation.
– High ﬂow can be poured or pumped into variable installation.
– Easy to apply, single component which require only addition of water.
– Hydrogen and chloride ﬂow.
POLYEXTRA HF complies with U.S corps of engineers speciﬁcations CRD-C621-82A and ASTM C1107-91, TYPE C.
Thicknesses and size limitations:
POLYEXTRA HF can be applied in a single layer at thicknesses between 10 -100mm. For greater thicknesses, an 8-12mm washed aggre-gate should be added at a ratio of 15kg of washed aggregate to 25kg of POLYEXTRA HF.
Typical properties @ 3.5 liter/ 25kg and a tem-perature of 25˚C.
To BS1881; part 116*
|≥46 mpa @ 7 days ≥61 mpa @ 28 days|
|Setting time to BS 4550: Initial @ 25˚C Final @ 25˚C||Approx 5-6 hours. Approx 7-8 hours.|
|Expansion characteristics:to ASTM C827-87||≤2%|
|Flow characteristics (efﬂux time) to ASTM C939-87||25-35 second|
METHOD OF USE:
– Substrate preparation:
– The substrate should be sound, clean and free from contamination. Surface lai-tance should be removed by acid etch-ing.
– All surfaces should be pre-soaked with clean water for minimum of 4 hours prior to grouting
– To ensure proper mixing, a mechanically powered mixer or drill ﬁtted with suit-able paddle should be used.
– Depending on the consistency required, the addition of 2.8 liters (ﬂowable) or 3.5 liters (ﬂuid) of clean water should be added to a clean container. The 25kg powder is then added slowly to the water while mixing contiuously with a low speed mixer/drill (400-600 rpm).
Mixing should be continued for 3 minutes until a uniform consistency is obtained.
PLACING & FINISHING:
– Under base plate:
Enough material should available to achieve a continu- ous ﬁll and to complete the work. pour-ing of the mixed grout should be started from one side only to distance, a side shutter feed between 100mm to 250mm high should be erected and used to build the required head.
As the mixed grout posses high ﬂuidity charac-teristics, all formwork and shutters should be water tight. This can be obtained by using an appropriate mastic.
The unrestrained areas should be kept to a minimum due to the expansive nature of POLYEXTRA HF
Since POLYEXTRA HF is a cementitious mate-rial, it should be treated in a manner similar to concrete. Curing can be conducted by either using concrete curing compound such as POLYKURE 12 or by using wet hessian and polyethylene.
All tools should be cleaned immediately after ﬁnishing with water. Hardened materials can be cleaned mechani- cally.
POLYEXTRA HF shelf life is 12 months if stored at temperature between 2˚C and 50˚C. If these conditions are exceeded, POLYWED technical department should be contacted for advice.
POLYEXTRA HF is available in 25kg bags.
– At low temperature (below 8˚C), warm water is recom- mended to achieve the early strength. And the formwork is rec-ommended to be kept longer time.
– At high temperature (35˚C and above), cold water (less than 20˚C) must be used for mixing.
– Health and Safety:
As POLYEXTRA HF contains Portland cement and sand, POLYEXTRA HF may cause irrita-tion to skin or eyes, in case of accidental contact with eyes, immediately ﬂush with plenty of wa-ter for at least 10 minutes and seek medical ad-vice if necessary.
POLYEXTRA HF in non ﬂammable.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CON- TACT PHONENO.00966 2 6204224